Business Contracts (Byte Size)
In this course you will be introduced to the law of contracts. If there is one pervasive activity in the world of commerce it is involvement in contract. All of the following are achieved through the medium of contracts. It is essential, therefore, that you learn and understand the basic rules which govern contractual relationships.
- sales of goods and the provision of services
- the employment of workers
- the occupation of premises
- transportation of materials and goods.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- define what a contract is
- describe how the agreement which is the basis of a contract is achieved and signified q recognize when agreements will be legally binding
- explain how the parties make their agreement legally enforceable
- explain the effect on the contract of flaws in the making of that contract
- evaluate the impact on a contract of problems concerning certainty, lack of capacity and lack of formality
- recognize the effect on a contract of untrue statements made during its negotiation
- identify the contents of a contractual agreement and the various types of contractual terms
- explain the controls imposed on the exclusion or limitation of liability for breaking the terms of a contract
- describe the various ways contracts can be brought to an end at some point prior to complete fulfilment of the parties' obligations
- consider and evaluate the factors which influence the availability of compensation for losses suffered from a breach of contractual obligations
- identify and describe remedies other than damages which may be available to the victims of a breach of contract.