Child Development - Advanced
An understanding of child/young people development is of paramount importance to any person working with or involved with children/young people. Understanding child development forms part of the curriculum for the various qualifications you can study for if you wish to work with children/young people.
The Early Years Foundation Stage recognises the importance of developing an understanding of a child’s development.
The “child” in this context of this course will include young people up to the age of nineteen years which is the age range defined in the children and young people’s workforce qualifications.
This course is divided into four units, each of which deals with a particular aspect of development. Each unit also addresses one or more of the course learning outcomes so that when you have completed the entire course you will have achieved all the course learning outcomes as follows:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know the main stages of child and young person development
- Understand the kinds of influences that affect children and young person’s development
- Understand how to support children and young person’s development
- Understand how to support children and young person’s positive behaviour
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children and young person’s development