English Literature A Level (Full AS + A2)
English Literature A Level Course
This distance learning A Level English Literature course has been designed to the latest specifications. The first available exam dates for this version of the Pearson Edexcel English Literature A Level are in June 2017.
English Literature is a wonderful subject that can open windows into many different areas. A sound knowledge of English Literature is essential if you want to fully understand the history and philosophy of the nation. It can also help to enhance and enrich the reading experience, providing a multi-layered, deeper understanding of the texts we all love.
On this course you will study a variety of prose, poetry and drama, including well known names like Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde and Mary Shelley. All of the authors that appear in the A Level often feature heavily in university curriculums, making it an excellent preparation for higher education.
In accordance with the latest specifications, this course has been designed to encourage students to:
- Read widely and independently set texts and others that they have selected for themselves
- Engage critically and creatively with a substantial body of texts and ways of responding to them
- Develop and effectively apply their knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation
- Explore the contexts of the texts they are reading and others' interpretations of them
- Undertake independent and sustained studies to deepen their appreciation and understanding of English literature, including its changing traditions.