The course is designed for anyone working towards an examination and who wishes to improve their exam or assessment technique.
The student will be taught how to interpret exam and assessment questions better, understand what the question is asking for, compose an exam preparation plan, devise a revision plan and prepare effectively for examinations.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Interpret exam and assessment questions better
- Understand what the question is asking for
- Structure answers according to types of question
- Understand what the examiner is looking for
- Develop appropriate techniques for different question styles
- Compose an exam preparation plan
- Assemble relevant fact logically
- Improve retention of information
- Devise a revision plan
- Prepare effectively for examinations
- How to Pass Exams
- The difference between descriptive, analytical and evaluative type questions
- The various styles most students tend to adopt when answering questions
- How examiners award marks to your exam scripts
- If your exam is a normative or criteria based exam
- How much you should write in answer to questions that start with "Briefly explain..." or "Outline..."
- What to do if you are unable to complete an answer during an exam
- If you can pass an exam if it was not completed due to illness
- How you can ensure that you remember facts necessary for an exam
- What the difference is in approach when answering mini-cases, case studies and reports
These and many more questions on exam technique are answered in this handy course to exam success for students from secondary school certificate to degree level. A course that is bound to improve your coursework as well as your exam performance.