IGCSE Chemistry Course
This IGCSE in Chemistry distance learning course aims to develop an understanding of the unifying patterns and themes of chemistry, as well as experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques. You will gain an appreciation of scientific methods and learn to form hypotheses and design experiments to test them.
The Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE qualification has been designed to enable you to:
• learn about the unifying patterns and themes of chemistry
• appreciate the practical nature of chemistry, acquiring experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
• appreciate the importance to scientific methods of accurate experimental work and reporting
• form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
• develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
• understand the widespread importance of chemistry and the way materials are used in the world
• appreciate how the work of the chemist has social, industrial, technological, environmental and economic consequences for the community
• prepare for more advanced courses in chemistry and for courses which require you to have a knowledge of chemistry.