Promotion Management (Byte Size)
In this course, we look at marketing communications or the promotion element of the marketing mix. We use the term marketing communications to avoid confusion between promotion (one of the 4 Ps of the marketing mix) and sales promotion (a short-term tactical tool which can be used with advertising, publicity or other mechanisms to reach the audience).
Most marketers are faced with difficult choices when developing marketing communications strategy, not just in terms of determining appropriate objectives which integrate with the overall marketing plan, but in developing messages, which will appeal to their target audiences, choosing the most effective mechanisms to reach them and measuring the results.
Here you examine the nature of the communications process and analyse the requirements of an effective marketing communications plan.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify and define the key elements of the marketing communications mix
- detail the characteristics of different marketing communications tools
- use the key stages in planning a marketing communications campaign
- evaluate the effectiveness of marketing communications in given situations
- describe the communications process and two alternative models of how advertising works
- develop appropriate marketing communications plans for given situations.