Sales Promotion and Personal Selling (Byte Size)
In this course, we look at the individual tools of marketing communications. Specifically however we are investigating the tools of sales promotion and personal selling. Both sales promotion and personal selling share the characteristic of being the most immediate of the promotional tools - both focus on attempting to create or cause an immediate sale. Although a theme of this course is the need for integrated marketing communications plans based on the overlap and interaction between all the different tools of promotion, often sales promotion and personal selling are used closely together in promotional campaigns.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- understand the role of sales promotion in the marketing communications mix
- explain the range of sales promotion methods and current thinking about how they work
- develop plans for using sales promotion strategically in a range of applications and settings
- understand the role of personal selling in the marketing communications mix
- explain the range of selling roles and tasks and current views about how selling works as a communications tool
- explain the issues in planning and managing personal selling in the communications mix
- evaluate some key trends and developments in personal selling.