Self-Promotion For The Artist
‘Self-Promotion For The Artist’ is a course designed for artists of all descriptions, whether painters, photographers, illustrators or sculptors, who are ready to take determined steps towards building a successful, fulfilling career in their chosen field.
The course, written by a successful self-promoting Artist, would be useful for new and emerging artists such as newly graduated students as well as hobbyists & recreational artists ready to move towards becoming professional or semi-professional artists.
You will be guided through many of the situations that you will experience as a self-promoting artist, including networking, art fairs and organising self-financed exhibitions. You will receive advice on producing the marketing materials you will need, how to approach the internet and how to supplement your career with additional earning opportunities.
At the end of the course you should have compiled most of the documents and materials you will need to begin your career as a self-promoting artist as well as developing a positive outlook and an increased level of self-awareness.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the national art industry and the opportunities available to you
- Develop a more detailed knowledge of the local industry and the opportunities available to you
- Develop an awareness of your own practices, motivations and career expectations
- Prepare materials required for your promotional activities
- Be able to identify opportunities and develop strategies to utilise those opportunities
- Express yourself in writing for a variety of different professional audiences
- Reflectively evaluate your own development and career planning processes