The One School Business Management
Requirements: This course is only available to The One School students.
This course is designed for people seeking to understand and apply the principles of managing staff and resources in a variety of businesses. The course is equally suited to the owner of a small business employing a few staff members or a departmental manager in a larger company. It provides a broad but practical understanding of how management techniques can work to your advantage.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define the manager’s role
- Describe techniques for managing resources effectively
- List the legal requirements of recruiting staff
- Describe techniques for retaining and parting with staff
- Monitor and review staff performance
- Apply good practice in developing staff
- Define equal opportunities legislation requirements
- Apply good practice in disciplining staff
- Understand techniques for managing time effectively
- Use methods of dealing with stress and crises