Understanding The Market (Byte Size)
In this course, we look at buyer behaviour, market segmentation and marketing research. We review the importance of understanding the market as the first step in delivering the organisation's marketing objectives. The course will cover one of the most important marketing tools, market segmentation.
In this course, you will look at the early stages of the plan, finding out about customer buying behaviour and customer needs. You will also be looking at ways to make this knowledge gathering more efficient, through the techniques of marketing research.
Through understanding buyer behaviour, market segmentation and marketing research, an organisation can improve effectiveness of the marketer's task of matching the supplier's offerings to the customer's needs. These three areas make the buying and selling process truly "win-win".
After participating in this course, you should be able to:
- define the marketing concept
- define marketing as a business orientation and as a business activity
- distinguish between different business orientations
- recognise the management issues involved in creating a market-driven organisation
- define what is meant by the marketing mix, and identify its key elements and the characteristics of an effective mix
- identify and describe the key stages in the marketing planning process
- identify key changes in the marketing environment, and how these may impact on marketing decisions.