Weddings in the UK are big business – the industry itself is worth over £4billion annually, the average wedding costs over £20,000 and brides take approximately 250 hours to plan their dream day. However, a combination of the need to get the best for their money, the desire to put together a spectacular day and the ‘money rich, time poor’ society that we live in means that more and more couples are turning to wedding planners to help them put together their wedding for them.
The wedding planner can be involved at various levels in a wedding day – from planning and preparing every single aspect of the event to simply finding one supplier or being there on the day to manage everything. The most success wedding planners have a huge knowledge of weddings and trends but also of business management.
This course is designed for those wishing to pursue a career as a wedding planner or a wedding planner’s assistant, either on a sole trader basis or as part of a larger wedding planning organisation.
This is a 6 unit course which encompasses a variety of wedding planning subject areas. For example; the function of a wedding planner, wedding ceremony venue selection, preparation of overseas weddings, themed weddings, planning of goods and services and setting up a home based wedding planning business.
This course is written to give those interested in entering the wedding planning industry (or indeed those already in it) a full and detailed look at the numerous tasks and roles a wedding planner can be asked to perform whilst also learning how to start a wedding planning business.
The course is linked to the National Occupational Standards for Business Administration and Customer Service.
Free With This Course
Students on this wedding planner course will receive a FREE download of Event Planner Pro software (R.R.P. £94.99). Event Planner Pro is professional event planner software designed for professional wedding planners to use to organise their business and their clients’ events. With this software, you can add all your prospects and clients. You can keep track of their invoices and expenses, define your own categories, and even organise your clients’ guest lists and seating plans.
Event Planner Pro is designed for any type of event, not only weddings. There is no limit to the number of client events you can create. And with fantastic, instant access to on-screen help, which can be accessed by clicking the ‘?’ at the top of every screen, you’ll find everything you need at your fingertips to plan multiple events.
This Event Planner Pro software features:
- Easy to use screens, including great online help
- Create unlimited prospects and clients
- A comprehensive suite of reports can be previewed, printed, or exported to PDF files to enable you to e-mail them
- Use the Supplier Directory to maintain a list of suppliers that each of your clients can use. These can easily be copied into your client databases
- Produce a profit and loss figure for one of your clients or your entire business at a click of a button
- Advertising campaigns can be easily monitored to see how cost effective they are
- All your information is stored on your computer and can be password protected for security
- The backup facility makes saving your data simple
- The software will run on Windows XP SP2, Vista and Windows 7.
For more information on the Event Planner Pro programme, view this demo.
Additionally, students will get a FREE listing of their wedding planning business on the ‘Find a Wedding Planner’ webpage at www.confettiandcake.com.