Beauty Therapy (Massage Route) NVQ Level 3
On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the following Professional Associations(s):
On successful completion of this course students can join BABTAC. BABTAC has been the professional face of beauty and holistic therapy for over 30 years. It is the premier UK association for beauticians and therapists and is widely recognised as one of the longest standing and most influential bodies for the industry.
The BABTAC badge is the sign of confidence. Whenever the BABTAC certificate and treatment list appear, the public is assured that their therapist is a qualified professional committed to excellence in their field and their continuing development as professionals.
Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists
Stonebridge is a Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Accredited Training College
Launched in 1994, The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists is the UK's biggest professional beauty trade body. The Guild has over 5,000 members who are all fully qualified beauty and holistic therapists. All Members of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists work to a strict code of ethics.
This is great news for students who complete one of our courses that have been accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists as they are now able to secure full membership to the Guild starting from only £85 per annum.
Benefits of membership include:
- Insurance Benefits - Negligence claims against Beauty Salons and Nail Technicians are rising dramatically and so insurance is vital to safeguard the future of your business. The Guild's insurance cover is tailor made for Beauty Therapists and Salon Owners. Full membership of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists automatically covers you for Treatment, Public and Product Liability cover (£2 million).
- Beautyguild.com - The Guild's web site provides members with a wealth of news and information. Including features on the benefits of professional salon treatments.
- Salon directory - Guild Salon Directory is a unique service available exclusively to Guild Members. It gives you the opportunity to advertise your salon or mobile business to a wide audience, and is a valuable new addition to our package of membership benefits. Enhanced entries on Guild Salon Directory allow you to write a short promotional description of your salon and the services you offer. You can link your entry to your own e-mail and website, and a directional map will mean clients are sure to be able to find you.
- Professional and Business Helpline - The Guild's dedicated team of staff are beauty and business professionals who can provide business advice and support. Members can call during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm for expert advice.
- Yellow Pages and Thomsons Directories Advertising - Most Salons advertise in Yellow Pages or with Thomson Directories but as a Guild Member, you can stand out from the rest by taking part in the Guild's corporate advertising scheme, which allows you to advertise at special rates under The Guild's banner.
- Guild Gazette - Guild Gazette is the official Journal of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists. It is published bi-monthly and is the only magazine mailed exclusively to members. In each issue of Guild Gazette, you will receive the latest news on products, industry developments, legislation and training. There are treatment fact files, current issues and affairs and articles from industry experts.
- MGPBT (Member of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists) - Students who complete one of our courses accredited by the Guild will also be able to use the letters MGPBT after their names.
- GPBT logo - The GPBT logo artwork is available upon request for you to use on your stationary. All new members receive a Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists membership certificate to display in their treatment area.
The following courses have been accredited for Guild Membership, insurance and CPD (Continuing Professional Development):
Course Name (No. of CPD points)
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Diploma Course (140)
- Level 4 Aromatherapy Diploma Course (212) *
- Level 4 Holistic Beauty Therapist (96) *
- Level 3 Beauty Therapist Diploma Course (150) *
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage Diploma Course (136) *
- Level 3 Nail Technician Diploma Course (148) *
- Level 3 Professional Beauty Makeup Diploma Course (156) *
- Level 4 Reflexology Diploma Course (212)*
- Level 3 Colour Therapy Diploma Course (96)*
- Level 3 Crystal Healing Diploma Course (96) *
- Level 3 Manicure and Pedicure Diploma Course (136) *
* Indicates that practical training is a prerequisite for Full Guild Membership as this is an insurance requirement.
Today's beauty salon clients expect the best. When they visit your salon, they want to be advised and treated by fully trained and qualified therapists. Membership of The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists shows them that you are a true Beauty Professional. For more information please visit the Guild's website at www.beautyguild.com.
Anyone who is studying for or has completed a course endorsed by an Ofqual approved awarding body is eligible to join Qualifications Register. The Qualifications Register (QR) is an independent register that aims to serve both members of the public and those professionals who hold recognised qualifications.
QR's primary aim is to provide transparency to members of the public and employers. The QR is a searchable database that allows them to find a practitioner and view the relevant qualification and endorsements the practitioner holds. The member of the public is then able to make an informed decision in relation to the suitability of the practitioner. QR also tracks whether practitioners have insurance, again something that is useful for members of the public. QR can also help professionals gain insurance or find professional indemnity cover. Click here to find out more.
Members of the public can check an independent source with complete confidence that the practitioner has the qualification(s) they claim to have and that any additional CPD the practitioner has, is verified and quality assured to make sure that the CPD is being done on a regular basis. QR tracks a practitioners endorsed CPD (in unison with our CPD accreditation partner Lifetime Awarding) and other key signals to help members of the public and employers to come to a more informed decision about the professional they intend to use. This is an enormously valuable signal that's increasingly important as business becomes more deregulated and privatised.
For practitioners QR helps you market your skills, endorsements and feedback transparently to a wider audience. It also gives you access to a community to help make you more able to progress and succeed in your field of expertise. Click here to find out more.