Security Management Advanced
On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the following Professional Associations(s):
Anyone who is studying for or has completed a course endorsed by an Ofqual approved awarding body is eligible to join Qualifications Register. The Qualifications Register (QR) is an independent register that aims to serve both members of the public and those professionals who hold recognised qualifications.
QR's primary aim is to provide transparency to members of the public and employers. The QR is a searchable database that allows them to find a practitioner and view the relevant qualification and endorsements the practitioner holds. The member of the public is then able to make an informed decision in relation to the suitability of the practitioner. QR also tracks whether practitioners have insurance, again something that is useful for members of the public. QR can also help professionals gain insurance or find professional indemnity cover. Click here to find out more.
Members of the public can check an independent source with complete confidence that the practitioner has the qualification(s) they claim to have and that any additional CPD the practitioner has, is verified and quality assured to make sure that the CPD is being done on a regular basis. QR tracks a practitioners endorsed CPD (in unison with our CPD accreditation partner Lifetime Awarding) and other key signals to help members of the public and employers to come to a more informed decision about the professional they intend to use. This is an enormously valuable signal that's increasingly important as business becomes more deregulated and privatised.
For practitioners QR helps you market your skills, endorsements and feedback transparently to a wider audience. It also gives you access to a community to help make you more able to progress and succeed in your field of expertise. Click here to find out more.
The Security Institute
The Security Institute (SyI) is the largest membership organisation for security professionals in the UK. It has members worldwide and 2014 is their 15th year anniversary.
Membership with The Security Institute gives credibility, enhances career prospects, provides a network of excellent contacts, offers mentoring, continual professional development and a wide range of networking opportunities.
As a student studying one of our nationally recognised awards that are accepted by SyI, you will be eligible for the following membership benefits:
- Being part of a dynamic organisation of security professionals focused on the common interest of increasing awareness of and promoting professionalism within security
- Receiving Security Institute member publications and articles including Good Practice Guides
- Qualifications in Security Management available by Distance Learning, accredited by Edexcel
- Member delegate rates at Security Institute events providing a variety of networking opportunities, including regular members’ seminars featuring high-profile speakers
- The opportunity to attend and present at conferences, seminars and workshops, representing the Security Institute and raising your own professional profile
- Access to SyI's recently launched Knowledge Centre, a key research and professional development resource for members wishing to increase their knowledge base on specific security subjects and an essential tool to support the studies of student members. It provides members with information such as research papers, articles, dissertations and links to websites and other resources.
- Discounted rates with partner organisations for conferences, training & education
- Members area of the website for sharing ideas and information
- Members only LinkedIn Group for networking, advice and support
- Monthly e-news and regular email updates
- Opportunity to participate in special interest groups and security professional development
- The opportunity to join SyI's Mentoring Programme and register for CPD
- Free advertising of job vacancies or CVs amongst other Security Institute members
There is no Application Fee payable to become a Student Member, and the annual membership fee is £50 per annum. Once student members have completed their studies, they are invited to apply for upgrade to full membership.
For more information, please visit The Security Institute's website: https://www.security-institute.org/home_page.