Writing Short Stories
Below you will find a list of courses that previous students have taken to complement their course. We hope that this list will give you some idea of the types of progression courses we offer, or alternative course options that may be of interest to you.
- Writing Biographies, Autobiographies and Family History - Everyone has at least one story to tell - the story of their life. And it is a story well worth the telling. Quite apart from the immediate interest of family and friends, once written, it is there for all time, a permanent record that will fascinate... Read More »
- Business Writing - Today's business professionals must be able to communicate effectively through the written word if they are going to succeed in today's business environment. The Business Writing course demonstrates the strategies needed to increase the clarity, impact... Read More »
- Fiction Writing - By no means can everyone who has the urge to write fiction can do so successfully and for publication. Fiction writing is a craft which must be learned, like any other. This course is not among those which declare, "Anyone has it in them to write... Read More »
- Freelance Journalism - One can only be taught to write as one can be taught to paint, or to play a musical instrument. We can give potential writers the basic techniques. We can suggest, counsel, encourage and discourage. We can tell you what is wrong with your work, and what... Read More »
- Novel Writing - Agatha Christie once said "The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes" Whether writing simply for the pleasure of seeing your thoughts take shape as words on paper or writing to achieve publication, this course is ... Read More »